Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lifestyle Change

I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) on September 2nd and on September 3rd I began to make some lifestyle changes. I switched to a raw vegan (fruits and vegetables) diet - no sugar, no white flour, no meat, and no diary. I found it surprisingly easy! I have tried in the past to change my eating habits, but didn't have the willpower. God is showing me grace this time around, because He knows how much I need His strength! Monday, September 5th was Labor Day and we spent it at a friend's home doing typical Labor Day things: cookout (hot dogs, cheeseburgers, "dirt" cake), swimming, and games. I brought my own food and Antoinette, the hostess, served a nice platter of raw vegetables. I enjoyed myself! I am trying to eat 85% raw foods and 15% cooked foods each day. I use my juicer a lot and grind whole wheat berries in my Vita-Mix to make fresh bread. Dinners now are salad and some cooked food, such as vegetables. I have not had a problem cooking for the rest of the family or attending social functions where food is served. Praise the Lord! Randy joined me on the diet after I'd been on it for two weeks (and he noticed I'd lost over 10 pounds!). We both began exercising (brisk walking) this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home