Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back on Track

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God

Things are going well. I am back on a heavy duty chemo regimen. It takes a lot out of me, but it seems to be working. The good news is that my tumor markers (amount of cancer in my body) is finally going down! Those numbers have been steadily rising since April and now they are out of the danger zone. Thank you for your prayers.

Please continue to pray that I will be able to handle the chemo. My blood counts (red, white, and platelets) go down each time and I get shots to bring the numbers back up. Some days I can barely move! Thursday will be my last dose for this round, then I'll get a week off. My daughter Beth has been my right hand gal, handling things around the house.

I also have a shoulder injury and will need to see a specialist on Friday. This is probably due to over-extension of my arms during radiation. A muscle is torn and I have been seeing a physical therapist.

Last week I got a pneumonia vaccine and the week before that was a flu shot. Things went well with both shots and they give me some peace of mind.

Saturday my daughter Mary came with me to my IBC support group meeting, then she took me to get my hair cut. I am thankful that I now have enough hair to be able to get a hair cut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home