Laptop Computer
I am writing this update from my hospital room. The hospital was kind enough to provide me with a laptop computer, so now I feel a little more connected to the world. I haven’t left my room in over a week, except to receive radiation treatment yesterday. I will receive ten more radiation “boosts” to my right side, then more on my left side when it heals. Yesterday I received a blood transfusion, so I am feeling much better. They must have given me a 20 year old’s blood! My white blood counts are still low, so they gave me a shot today. I am also receiving IV potassium, since the antibiotics have depleted my supply. It looks like I may be in here another week yet. My mother is at my house, keeping things under control. She is doing a lot of driving, since we only have one working vehicle. Randy is working in Virginia this week.
I am also happy to have this laptop because it will allow me to catch up on my schoolwork. I am taking a college class to keep my Pennsylvania teaching certificate current. My professor has been flexible regarding my assignments.
Please pray that I will be well enough to receive chemo on Friday. I am thankful that scans taken last Friday still showed no spread of the cancer. I’d like to continue this aggressive treatment plan!
I am also happy to have this laptop because it will allow me to catch up on my schoolwork. I am taking a college class to keep my Pennsylvania teaching certificate current. My professor has been flexible regarding my assignments.
Please pray that I will be well enough to receive chemo on Friday. I am thankful that scans taken last Friday still showed no spread of the cancer. I’d like to continue this aggressive treatment plan!

4 Comments:
At 4:37 PM, October 04, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Kathy- I check your blog a few times a week to see how you are doing. Even though we only met once, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Your strength throughout this past year has been amazing..
Susan Lynskey(TUG)
At 7:52 PM, October 15, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Another Tugger you've never met. I respect your courage and faith. I check your blog frequently. My thought are with your and I hope for the best.
JudyH
At 4:45 PM, October 16, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Kathy, Lets pray for any early Christmas gift. Not that you are able to receive your Chemo, But that you beat this thing once and for all.
At 6:14 PM, October 22, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hi, Kathy
I'm sorry that the radiation has had such bad side effects, and that you've had to be in the hospital. I hope you feel better soon, and that this latest round of radiation does the job!
Judy
Post a Comment
<< Home