Surgery Over
Well, the gall bladder is gone! On Thursday morning, I went in for an 8:00 am radiation treatment at CTCA. Then they took Randy and I to Hahnemann where I had surgery in the afternoon. Turns out it was a good thing I had the gall bladder out right away - it was about to perforate. Dr. Castellanos, the surgeon, said it was one of the nastiest gall bladders he'd ever seen and he was surprised I wasn't in more pain. After spending the night at Hahnemann, I returned to CTCA on Friday for more radiation treatment. I didn't even have to miss a day! I am a little sore and rested over the weekend.
This week is more radiation every day, with chemo being added later in the week. I will continue to receive weekly Erbitux, which I have tolerated well, and will add Taxol. Please pray that the chemo will be effective and that I will tolerate the Taxol well.
This week is more radiation every day, with chemo being added later in the week. I will continue to receive weekly Erbitux, which I have tolerated well, and will add Taxol. Please pray that the chemo will be effective and that I will tolerate the Taxol well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home