More Surprises
On Wednesday, I saw Dr. Willis, who decided to change my treatment plan. The cancer in the right breast is spreading much too quickly. He took me off the Xeloda and I will begin Taxol instead. I also had my first radiation treatment that day. It took about 2 and a half hours with all the set up. I now have thirteen tattoos! Normal radiation time will be an hour, then they should be able to cut it down to half an hour. They have seven areas to radiate.
Late that night, I woke up with severe abdominal pain. Randy took me to CTCA early the next morning. They were quick about examining me, getting blood work done, and an ultrasound. Turns out I have gallstones! It's not cancer-related, but comes from eating too many fatty foods. I've been put on a low fat diet and surgery to remove the gallbladder is scheduled for Thursday. It should be pretty minor surgery, but will complicate the radiation and chemotherapy treatment plans. Meanwhile, I've been put on painkillers.
Randy needs to work in Arlington, VA next week, so my mother is coming from Delaware to help out.
Late that night, I woke up with severe abdominal pain. Randy took me to CTCA early the next morning. They were quick about examining me, getting blood work done, and an ultrasound. Turns out I have gallstones! It's not cancer-related, but comes from eating too many fatty foods. I've been put on a low fat diet and surgery to remove the gallbladder is scheduled for Thursday. It should be pretty minor surgery, but will complicate the radiation and chemotherapy treatment plans. Meanwhile, I've been put on painkillers.
Randy needs to work in Arlington, VA next week, so my mother is coming from Delaware to help out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home