Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Good News

Mark 7:37 "He hath done all things well"

Wednesday was a busy day. Severe rain the night before caused traffic problems on our way to a morning appointment at CTCA in Philadelphia. We met with Dr. Qaqundah, the naturopath, who made some changes in my supplement regimen in preparation for radiation.

Later, we saw Dr. Willis, the medical oncologist. He gave me good news regarding the scans I had done last week - they showed some local cancer still, but no spread of the disease! Because of that, I will begin radiation on Thursday. I will also continue weekly Erbitux infusions and add daily Xeloda, another chemotherapy drug.

After lunch, Randy and I met with Dr. Komarnicky, the radiation oncologist. I had a simulation done that took pictures of my body in preparation for the radiation treatment. Dr. Komarnicky will work with a physicist to plan on a computer exactly where the radiation beams will go during the 8 weeks of planned treatment. I am happy to be able to have IMRT, the latest 3-D radiation. I will go every day, Monday through Friday, all summer for radiation in addition to the daily Xeloda and weekly Erbitux chemotherapy treatments. It will be a busy summer, but I am happy that they are being so aggressive in my treatment plan.

Later in the day, I went to the infusion center and received a 2-hour dose of Erbitux. We didn't get home until 7:30 pm. I go back on Thursday to receive more chemo and to begin my 8 weeks of radiation treatment.

I am comforted to know that when life's changes leave me uncertain, Jesus never changes and He is working for my good in all things.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home