Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

This Week’s Procedures

Yesterday (Tuesday, October 4, 2005), I had a port surgically installed in my upper arm. My friend, Linda, drove me to Bryn Mawr Hospital to have it done. Beth and John came along and brought their schoolwork (Randy, Mary, Dianne, and Paul were all at work so no one was home to watch the younger kids). Linda is a former home school mom, so she had no problem “doing school” in the hospital waiting room. They waited in the lobby while I went upstairs to have it done. The hospital staff wouldn't let me eat before the 1:00 pm procedure, in case they had to fully sedate me, so I was hungry when it was over. They used fiber optics and I got to watch on a monitor as they snaked a tube from my upper arm into my chest. My spine sure is crooked! Now they shouldn’t have to poke me every time they give me chemotherapy.

Tomorrow (Thursday, October 6, 2005) I go back to Bryn Mawr for another body scan. This one is more thorough. It is called a PET scan.

Monday is chemo day again. My friend, Pam, is going to take me. It is also the day I could lose my hair. My first chemo session went pretty well. I only felt a little “car sick” for a few days. My friend, Kim, made us a wonderful meal!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy-Yeah for ports! I hope yours works well. Mine has been great to have. How often are they giving you your chemo, and what type(s)?
    We're praying for a clear PET scan.
    Lots of hugs and blessings to you and your family.
    Jeanne H.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home