Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm home!

I'm home!
I checked out of the hospital last Friday (Dec. 2nd). I have an appointment with Dr. Schnall on Wednesday to check my progress. I feel healthy; better than I've felt in a long time!

Dr. Rose (surgeon) visited me while I was in the hospital. He had reviewed my MRI results and they were much more encouraging than the mammogram. The tumor, which was originally 10 cm, is now small enough that he feels confident that he can get it all. Remarkably, the tumor has not grown into the chest tissue (this was considered as a possible suspected cause of my cough). So I am rejoicing that I have pneumonia and not a tumor in the lung! My consultation appointment with Dr. Rose is not until January 3rd, which means that the surgery will not interfere with Christmas celebrations. I am thankful for that, though a little concerned and eager to get rid of the tumor before it spreads. However, if Dr. Rose thought it was pressing, I am sure he would remove it sooner.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, December 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My family prays for you every night! I'm so glad that you are doing better!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, December 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kathy,
    This is Pat - GrayFal - from TUG...we met at the Manhattan Club a few years ago - I was visiting Carol C.

    I will keep you and your family in my prayers this Holiday Season - I have a friend who is 45 and fighting breast CA after a Mastectomy on March - you are both in my thought every day.....Be Strong....Sincerely, Pat

     
  • At 5:28 PM, December 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay Kathy! I am so happy to hear of your improvement! I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Enjoy your holiday with your family.
    ~Jody

     

Post a Comment

<< Home