Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Visit With the Surgeon

Today's visit with Dr. Rose was somewhat disappointing. He said the cancer is back already in the area of the surgery. He also said my cancer is at Stage IV. I asked him if he got all the cancer during the surgery and he said it's impossible to get it all with this type of cancer. He told me it was urgent that I resume chemotherapy right away. "The threat to your health and your life is still significant." Not exactly what I wanted to hear.

On a better note, Randy and I will be traveling to the Chicago area next week so that I can be evaluated by Cancer Treatment Centers of America. They offer Abraxane, my chemotherapy drug of choice, which is not yet available locally. A lot of the reactions people have with Taxol are actually from the solvent that they use in it. Abraxane is Taxol without the solvent, so the side effects aren't supposed to be as extreme, but the results are good. I am not looking forward to traveling to Chicago, but God has again provided a friend for me during this time. Our friends Lou and Jeanette will also be there the same week! Jeanette has been going to Cancer Treatment Centers of America for over 16 years, has been cancer free most of that time, and is going back for a check-up. Lou is the pastor of the church Randy goes to when he is working in the Washington, DC area. It will also be Valentine's Day while we are there, so Randy and I can enjoy some romantic time alone. I plan to start treatment next week either in Chicago or locally, depending on the results of my evaluation.

Please continue to pray for wisdom as we face these choices.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy I am still looking in on you and hope you beat this thing soon. I feel bad it has come back but you are on top of it and should be able to knock it out. My prayers are with you and your family.

     
  • At 1:56 AM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy ~

    I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ~Jody

     
  • At 4:46 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kathy from a fellow Tugger...will keep you in my prayers as you go through this adventure in your life.
    Connie (grest)

     
  • At 4:52 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kathy,
    I just sent a prayer up for you. Hope to see you on TUG & TS4Ms soon.

    Phil (philemer)

     
  • At 5:19 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy, you're in my thoughts, and in my prayers. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

    --Cat (from TUG)

     
  • At 8:50 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy,
    Sending positive energy and strength to you. And wisdom and skill to your doctors.

    I'll be waiting for you to make a trip out to visit us,

    {{{ HUGS }}}

    Fern

     
  • At 10:52 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy,
    I will keep you in my prayers.

    Lisa (a fellow PA resident)

     
  • At 11:56 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy, I am so sorry. I had know idea you were sick. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You have been such a help and a joy ever since I joined tug.I wish I was there so I could give you a big hug!! God Bless, Leslie (shaggy)

     
  • At 8:52 AM, February 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy,I pray for your recovery.

    Ethel (ELE)

     
  • At 6:38 PM, February 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy, sending positive thoughts your way. It's encouraging that your friend Jeanette has been cancer-free for 16 years by going to the clinic in Chicago. I always enjoyed your posts when I was a member of Tug.

    katmandu (formerly GinGin and Ziggy on Tug)

     
  • At 8:00 PM, February 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kathy..another TUGGER checking in to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Susan
    (suskey)

     
  • At 11:00 AM, February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Linda & Marshall Hall

     
  • At 1:48 PM, February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathy got your email today. I hope your trip north was ok with all the snow. Have missed having you as a team leader but understand your needs right now. God bless you and your family.
    Hugs
    Michelle in MD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home