Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Support Group Meeting

On Saturday, October 7, 2005, I went to a support group for Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) patients at the Wellness Community in Philadelphia (click title above to learn more). I was surprised to find a support group for this rare type of cancer. There were 13 people in attendance: 7 cancer patients, 5 supporters (husbands or friends), and one facilitator. They came from Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey. I found the meeting to be informative and encouraging. Two of the cancer patients were "survivors". Norma had IBC eight and a half years ago and is now cancer free and Julie, also cancer free, had it several years ago too. The other ladies were still fighting their battles and all were ahead of me in their treatments. Rich came to the meeting as a husband who lost his wife to IBC. He was an encouragement saying how much better the treatment is now than when his wife had it. I look forward to the next meeting in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home