PET/CT Scan Results
On Friday, my friend Chris took me to CTCA for my weekly chemo treatment (Randy had an important meeting to attend so he couldn't take me). They ended up sending me home without any chemo because my platelet counts were too low. I did get some preliminary good news regarding the PET/CT scan I had last week. Carolyn, the nurse practitioner, came up to me during breakfast and said, "Your PET scan looks good." I was so happy, I was ready to go home right then! When I saw her later that day, she gave me the printed report from the radiologist at Hahnemann University Hospital. They haven't sent the films to my doctor, so he hasn't seen the actual images yet. The report showed two "spiculated densities" in the left upper lobe of the lung, but no other abnormalities. Because they had a maximum SUV (whatever that is) of 3.0 and cancer usually has an SUV of at least 6.0, it is felt that this is probably "post radiation changes" but could be "recurrent disease". I was told prior to receiving radiation that it would hit and damage part of the lung and heart, so this finding is not unexpected. In fact, Carolyn was surprised I didn't "light up" in more places since this scan picks up a lot of things that aren't necessarily cancer. I remain cautiously optimistic. Thank you for your continued prayers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home