Hospice Update
This is Kathy’s friend Lori writing to update you on her progress the last few weeks. Kathy wanted this update written to you all even though she is unable to do so herself, because her mental capacity isn’t clear. She asked me, Lori to dictate her wishes to you all.
Lori has spent a lot of time with me the last few weeks and stay with me some nights - thank you Lori and friends for your help during these difficult times.
My hospice room was set up at home and I receive daily medical visits from the staff. I have a nice motorized air bed, walker, wheelchair, commode, oxygen tank and IV pole for the pump that provides continuous around the clock pain medication.
Prayer requests: Please pray the medicine can manage all the pain and pray for the stamina of those who are helping me. Pray for my ability to walk as it has been hampered. I have taken a few bad falls lately and request prayer for stability and strength in my legs.
I am happy to be home. We celebrated Diane’s 20th birthday yesterday. Please pray for my family and that the angels will uphold them during the difficult times to come. I appreciate all my family does for me. Please pray for Mary as she sits up with me each night.
Psalms 52:9 I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
Lori has spent a lot of time with me the last few weeks and stay with me some nights - thank you Lori and friends for your help during these difficult times.
My hospice room was set up at home and I receive daily medical visits from the staff. I have a nice motorized air bed, walker, wheelchair, commode, oxygen tank and IV pole for the pump that provides continuous around the clock pain medication.
Prayer requests: Please pray the medicine can manage all the pain and pray for the stamina of those who are helping me. Pray for my ability to walk as it has been hampered. I have taken a few bad falls lately and request prayer for stability and strength in my legs.
I am happy to be home. We celebrated Diane’s 20th birthday yesterday. Please pray for my family and that the angels will uphold them during the difficult times to come. I appreciate all my family does for me. Please pray for Mary as she sits up with me each night.
Psalms 52:9 I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

25 Comments:
At 8:34 PM, October 21, 2007,
SCA Lady said…
Kathy,
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Wishing you pain free comfort. Be at peace, my friend.
Love,
Jerry and Fern
At 9:05 PM, October 21, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy,
We are all praying for you. YOU are in our thoughts and our prayers, God will watch over you and your family.
Bigfrank
timeshareforums
At 9:27 PM, October 21, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Thank you for your good witness and testimony in the midst of your trial.
At 7:34 AM, October 22, 2007,
Anonymous said…
God be with the family in this dark hour of need.
Rita and I have you on our prayer list.
Melvin& Rita Henley
At 7:55 AM, October 22, 2007,
jomarc said…
Dear Kathy,
Please be assured that you, your family and friends are all in my prayers.
JoJoLess
At 8:08 AM, October 22, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy,
We love you. You have raised a beautiful, strong family. G-d will be there for you and for them.
Sharon
At 8:17 AM, October 22, 2007,
Stephen said…
Kathy -
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
You were wearied by all your ways, but you would not say, 'It is hopeless.'You found renewal of your strength,and so you did not faint. Is 57:10
Steve Nelson
At 9:08 AM, October 22, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Randy and Kathy,
Your family is in our prayers. We are praying for strength, and comfort.
Love, The McDevitts
At 11:27 AM, October 22, 2007,
Anonymous said…
We (along with our small group from church) are praying for you and your family. We'll continue to pray specifically for the requests you've mentioned and that God's presence will be evident in the coming days. Thanks for your faithful witness to God's goodness. We love you.
The Kanost Family
At 8:18 PM, October 22, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy, Your timeshare family is think of you and praying for you and your family.
Peter
At 1:46 AM, October 23, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy, I am so sorry for all that you are enduring. You and your family are in my prayers.
At 10:51 AM, October 23, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy,
You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
We pray for your comfort and for the strength of your family, loved ones and friends.
Emily and family
At 11:35 AM, October 23, 2007,
Unknown said…
Kathy and Randy,
We pray for you in this dark time. We pray for peace and comfort and we pray that The Lord helps you be strong. We love you.
Kim Lunsford (and your eSylvan Friends)
At 3:48 PM, October 23, 2007,
Anonymous said…
We love you Kathy! We think of you often at Educate. (esylvan) We are wishing you much comfort and strength!
Carey Deyton
At 9:21 AM, October 24, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy
My husband and I have been praying for you and your family since I read about you last week. You have been a wonderful witness for our loving God. I love your favorite card and the website you have posted to Heaven is inspiring. Even in all your pain you are concerned about others.
Bless you and your family. Again I am sorry that I lost touch with you these last few years.
Your friend on Tug, Shar
Sharon Sorensen
At 11:16 AM, October 25, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Dear Kathy,
You are in our thoughts & prayers. We are praying God's continued peace and comfort for you and your family. Thank you for being a Godly example!
Love,
Tori & Chandler
At 12:07 AM, October 28, 2007,
Unknown said…
Dear Kathy, Randy and family,
May God bless you all at this difficult time. Your Hospice team will help you in your journey now and later.
Peace be with you all,
Pat
GrayFal/TUG/TS4Ms
At 1:35 AM, October 28, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Dear Kathy,
I don't know you but I heard about you through TUG. You are so brave for sharing your story with us and I wished our prayers were heard by the Creator of this Universe. He is the only one who could cure you instantly if he created this Universe. Miracles have happened before.
God Bless you and your family. From what I understand, you have helped many people here getting started in timesharing successfully. Thank you so much.
At 9:17 AM, November 05, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Hi Mrs. Holleger,
I want you to know that you and your family have been in my prayers. You are a great inspiration to us all for all the strength that you have.
All my love,
Jenny Adams
At 8:48 AM, November 12, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Dear Kathy,
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I am a member of TUG and I read about you on the board.
I think about you every day and hope that your pain is well managed.
I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Linda
At 3:23 PM, November 17, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Dear Kathy,
I am praying for your comfort and peace and for the strength of your family. You have shown remarkable strength and unwavering faith. You are an inspiration to those of us who are blessed to know you.
Love,
Gale
At 12:32 AM, November 25, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy,
I'm not sure if you remember me. I worked with you at eSylvan. I think about you all the time and have read your blog since you were diagnosed. Your strength is amazing for what you have endured these past two years. And your family's strength too. You have a beautiful family. God will watch over you and your family during this time. Keep the faith. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless you!
Suzie Lake
At 1:57 AM, November 29, 2007,
Ginger said…
Hi Kathy, Randy and Family,
Ginger here, just checking in to let you know how often we think of you all, praying every day for your comfort and to be pain free and above all cancer free. What a wonderful example you are to all of us, the epitomy of faith and strength. So glad we were able to meet that day so long ago, wish we lived closer.
Love, hugs and prayers,
God bless you,
Cousin Ginger
At 12:00 PM, December 01, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy,
Continueing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Emily and family
At 12:36 PM, December 24, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Kathy Rest in Peace.
Post a Comment
<< Home