Into the Microwave
“I feel confident that the Lord will allow me to be on earth as long as I have a purpose that is to be fulfilled, and so my trust continues to lie in Him. His orchestration of things is more than I can comprehend, and this life for any of us is such a delicate balance to walk out. What we do with our fear, our doubt, lack of trust or belief...and how we love one another is the stuff of what it's truly made of. All temporal things will (by definition) pass away, but He and those who are His will not. I'm excited for a new heaven and a new earth, without the effects of sin and pain. (Not enough to forgo treatment, or jump off a cliff, mind you, but to live in that promised peace is a wonder to me!!)”--Jeanne Hazleton, April 16, 2007
“Be Careful What You Wish For”
I thought you might be interested in hearing about the hyperthermia machine treatments that I have been receiving. It is very different from the traditional radiation. They use a hyperthermia machine that uses microwaves to heat up an area of skin to between 40 – 42 degrees C (106 – 109 degrees F) and hold it at that temperature for an hour. Then it’s over to IMRT radiation machine for a dose of electrons (traditional radiation). Electrons do not penetrate as deeply as other forms of radiation, so are good for treating the skin. However, it has been hard on my skin and I just came off of a 2 week break while my skin healed up a bit The machine itself looks like a copy machine with a long arm coming out of it with a cube attached to it. The cube is actually like a heat lamp with a face about the size of an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper. Wires that measure the temperature are taped to my body. The heat lamp is positioned over an area and turned on. The technician constantly monitors the temperature. Unlike traditional radiation, this has ranged from uncomfortable to painful. Even though I take pain killers before each session, I still tear up to the point that the technician stops treatment temporarily. All this has been very time consuming and a will be grateful to be going on vacation next week.
Please pray for wisdom for the doctors to decide what to do about the tumors around my port. That area cannot be treated with the hyperthermia.
Psalm 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
“Be Careful What You Wish For”
I thought you might be interested in hearing about the hyperthermia machine treatments that I have been receiving. It is very different from the traditional radiation. They use a hyperthermia machine that uses microwaves to heat up an area of skin to between 40 – 42 degrees C (106 – 109 degrees F) and hold it at that temperature for an hour. Then it’s over to IMRT radiation machine for a dose of electrons (traditional radiation). Electrons do not penetrate as deeply as other forms of radiation, so are good for treating the skin. However, it has been hard on my skin and I just came off of a 2 week break while my skin healed up a bit The machine itself looks like a copy machine with a long arm coming out of it with a cube attached to it. The cube is actually like a heat lamp with a face about the size of an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper. Wires that measure the temperature are taped to my body. The heat lamp is positioned over an area and turned on. The technician constantly monitors the temperature. Unlike traditional radiation, this has ranged from uncomfortable to painful. Even though I take pain killers before each session, I still tear up to the point that the technician stops treatment temporarily. All this has been very time consuming and a will be grateful to be going on vacation next week.
Please pray for wisdom for the doctors to decide what to do about the tumors around my port. That area cannot be treated with the hyperthermia.
Psalm 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home