An Amazing Story
2Chronicles 16:9a For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
Are you ready for an encouraging story? Last week I asked you to pray for an impossible request - that God would provide an expensive hyperthermia machine to treat the cancer that is in my lymph system, just under the skin.
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
I am happy to report that God has answered your prayers with a "Yes!". Yesterday, the Board of Directors of my hospital met and approved the lease of this machine during my treatment. They went out of their way to get this machine just for me! I get excited when I see specific answers to prayer and I wanted to be sure to let you know so you could be encouraged too. Prayer works! Don't ever stop or forget to pray. God used your prayers to move hearts (and pocketbooks!).
I am very grateful that I can be treated at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA). They operate on what they call the Mother Standard of care, the type of care that you would want for your own mother (or father or brother or sister). The founder of CTCA, Richard Stephenson, lost his mother to breast cancer in the 1970s. Mrs. Stephenson's family decided to honor her life by dedicating their lives to improving cancer treatment. Her family expected she would receive the most advanced treatment available; but, like many loved ones of cancer patients, they were disappointed when they found there was no "gold standard" for cancer care. Unlike others, Richard turned his frustration into action. He felt that no one should have to endure the insensitive experience that preceded his mother’s death. I feel blessed to be a recipient of that vision fulfilled.
I had some more good news this week. On Friday, I had a brain MRI to look for cancer in the brain. Well, thankfully, they didn't find any! I am incredibly relieved.
Psalm 72:15b … daily shall he (God) be praised.
Are you ready for an encouraging story? Last week I asked you to pray for an impossible request - that God would provide an expensive hyperthermia machine to treat the cancer that is in my lymph system, just under the skin.
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
I am happy to report that God has answered your prayers with a "Yes!". Yesterday, the Board of Directors of my hospital met and approved the lease of this machine during my treatment. They went out of their way to get this machine just for me! I get excited when I see specific answers to prayer and I wanted to be sure to let you know so you could be encouraged too. Prayer works! Don't ever stop or forget to pray. God used your prayers to move hearts (and pocketbooks!).
I am very grateful that I can be treated at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA). They operate on what they call the Mother Standard of care, the type of care that you would want for your own mother (or father or brother or sister). The founder of CTCA, Richard Stephenson, lost his mother to breast cancer in the 1970s. Mrs. Stephenson's family decided to honor her life by dedicating their lives to improving cancer treatment. Her family expected she would receive the most advanced treatment available; but, like many loved ones of cancer patients, they were disappointed when they found there was no "gold standard" for cancer care. Unlike others, Richard turned his frustration into action. He felt that no one should have to endure the insensitive experience that preceded his mother’s death. I feel blessed to be a recipient of that vision fulfilled.
I had some more good news this week. On Friday, I had a brain MRI to look for cancer in the brain. Well, thankfully, they didn't find any! I am incredibly relieved.
Psalm 72:15b … daily shall he (God) be praised.

1 Comments:
At 2:44 PM, April 26, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Praise the Lord for answered prayer and his wonderful care!
We continue to hold you up in prayer.
Post a Comment
<< Home