Kathy Holleger

This site was created to provide you with a quick method of keeping informed of Kathy Holleger's health and medical condition.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Turning Fifty

I turn will fifty years old on Friday! It's hard to believe. Yesterday was my younger friend Lori's birthday and we celebrated both our special days with a musical afternoon at her house. The food everyone brought was delicious and the singing and instrumental music was inspiring.
Last Friday was my last treatment of cycle 4 of 6. Each cycle is 4 weeks - 3 weeks on and one week off. Next week will be my off week. I'll have 2 more months on this regimen.

Unfortunately, my tumor markers continue to rise, despite aggressive treatment. On Wednesday, I am scheduled to meet with the surgeon, Dr. Standiford, who will examine my right breast and the small bumps on my chest and under my arm. I also have had an open wound under my left arm for the past 6 months that will not heal. There may also be some bumps on my neck. Randy will be able to come with me for the surgeon's visit.

Please continue to pray for the "hand-and-foot syndrome" I am experiencing as a result of the chemo. It leaves my hands and feet with small painful cuts. I will also try to fit in 4-days a week of lymphedema treatment during the next 6 weeks.

I realize, in the quiet moments, that Jesus is nearer than I could ever know. Nothing can come between me and His reassuring love. It is a comfort to know that I am at the heart of so many of your prayers right now.

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18

2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 AM, February 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kathy,
    Just want you to know that I continue to pray for you each day. I know that the Lord is watching over you and your family. Please let us know if we can help in any way.
    Love,
    Gale

     
  • At 10:12 AM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Kathy!
    May the coming year bring you more victories to celebrate in your fight against breast cancer!
    Pat
    GrayFal - TUG & TS4Ms

     

Post a Comment

<< Home